In April I fell in love with a wonderful embroidery/sewing combo machine at the sewing machine store where I took my sewing lessons. They gave me a really good deal on a Brother 950D Embroidery Sewing Machine. Basically he said that this was the machine for me. I was convinced and put it on layaway. I was making payments every time I got paid so that in August I could bring this baby home.
Then in June my boyfriend gave me the gift of paying off the rest of the ticket. I was so excited! We went in together and left with a box with my name taped to the side which held my new machine. I’ve played with it so much testing out embroidery designs on scrap fabric and practicing making my own designs.
One of the designs we digitized using the free software Stitch Era Free was the Skyrim logo. We embroidered this with the help of his sister.
Video Game Embroidery!
So of course now he wants it embroidered on a shirt. Well I don’t know much about threads and stabilizers and other what-nots but I’m determined to do it. So I get some fusible tear away stabilizer to use and embark on my mission…… I promptly ruined his shirt! Turns out if it says fusible you need to iron it first…. oops! Fortunately he wasn’t mad.
So for the last month I have only been doing sewing projects: working on my quilt, finishing my shirt, and fixing the vast number of pants my boyfriend has managed to tear a hole in. But last Saturday I went to a little 4 hour “class” on digitizing software and different types of stabilizer. I got lots of cool goodies at that “class” and I’ll post about that later. But I figured out where I went wrong and decided to try another project armed with my knowledge.
This is an e-reader tablet case that was the project of the month for the June Embroidery club and I think it turned out pretty good.
It only took me about 2-2.5 hours and was very fun to make. This is the first successfully completed project that I’ve used my embroidery function on my machine for.
Woo Hoo!! So happy. More shall come. : )