I love Mexican food and Mexican food inspired dishes so when someone started rattling off a recipe for Baked Beef Taquitos I did my best to remember every word she said. This recipe comes from a customer at my previous job and it is super delicious and easy.
Baked Beef Taquitos
- 1 lb of ground beef (I used 90% lean)
- 1 bell pepper chopped (I used a Yellow one because I like the flavor)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- corn tortillas
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Pre-heat Oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the beef and drain any grease.
- After draining the grease add the chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, and salsa to the meat and cook until the onions and peppers become soft.
- Fill the tortillas with the meat mixture, roll them up, and place them on a baking sheet greased with olive oil cooking spray. Note: I microwave the tortillas for 45 -60 sec on a plate with a damp paper towel before filling so that the tortillas don’t break open when I roll them.
- Spray them gently with the olive oil cooking spray so that they brown nicely. Note: I totally forgot this step until they were already in the oven so I skipped it.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until they are crispy and start to brown.
- Once cool, top with sour cream and chopped avocado.
I served mine with corn on the cob and they were pretty good. So much better than the frozen kind and much healthier too. I made eight taquitos because I only wanted to make as many as we wanted for dinner so there was quite a bit of meat mixture left. I would estimate that you could make about 20 taquitos with this recipe. I plan on using the rest for taco salads tonight.