Today I drove down to the farm to spend some time with my folks. I love getting away from the city where the air is clear and quiet. And there are some baby goats I haven’t met yet. Aren’t they so cute?
I’m sure that my mom loves it when the whole family is together, but it probably doesn’t hurt that I like to cook dinner when I come down. This time I made mini-meatloafs that I served with good old fashioned mashed potatoes and sweet peas.
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Broken up Saltine Crackers
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1.5 Pound Ground Beef
- 2/3 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Mustard
- A few slices of yellow onion
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix together the egg, milk, cheese, crackers, and garlic salt in a large bowl.
3. Add the ground beef to the mixture and mix well. Note: I put on plastic food service gloves and use my hands to mix ingredients into the meat.
4. Mold the meat into eight little mini meat loaves and place in a lightly greased 9″x13″ baking dish. Top with onion slices if desired.
5. In a separate bowl combine the ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. Stir thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Everyone enjoyed them.
I think my Mom’s favorite part of me cooking dinner is that she doesn’t have to do dishes.
Merry Christmas Everyone! Have a great time with friends and family.
P.s. Like the pictures? I took my nice camera with me instead of just using my phone. : )